Thursday 23 February 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover

"Don't judge a book by its cover"
Who hasn't heard this quote once in his life? It is also one of my favorite ones. I don't know who said it, but it must have been a very smart and nice person . I'll have to take a closer look on this...
Anyway, by sharing this quote, I wanted to talk about what happened to me today. I've been thinking a lot about it after it happened.
Well, I said it, I'm an artistic teenager. I don't mind going out with weird clothes or strange makeup. People judge, of course, they always do and won't stop . So I say, don't you care about what people say/think. I said it to a young lady today, when I was at the supermarket. She said (traduced by French) :
-And... how old are youu ? ( You know, with this scornful look that horripilates me U_u )
-Ehm, why are you asking ? I don't have to tell you, do I ?
-Well, sorry, but it's just the way you are dressed...It's a bit...weird.

My reaction ? Quite normal, I've gotten used to these kind of remarks. So I just looked her in the eyes and said :
-Thank you, I fell sooo much better now that I know your opinion ( Irony of course ). Good bye, have a pleasant day .

I didn't look back, so I don't know how she looked like after I said it. But I felt good, quite proud of myself, because I could see the other customers stairing at me, some were smiling.

You see, people will always critisize and tell their opinions even if you don't ask them it.
The best thing to do is : ignore them ! don't you care about what they say, it doesn't matter ! Do you feel good the way you are ? Do you like how you are dressed, your style, your hobbys ? I'm sure you do ! Then, nothing else matters . Saying this, I'm talking to people ( teenagers especially) feeling bad about themselves.
Do not change for them !

"Always forgive your ennemies- nothing annoys them so much" - Oscar Wilde




No comments: